The Banker's Blanket Bond is specifically designed for the banks and financial institutions.
Commercial Banks and Financial Institutions recognize the risks associated with their operations. The exposures are from within as well as external. It is therefore of paramount importance that “right insurance protection” is in place for transferring most of their exposures. The Banker’s Blanket Bond is a “package insurance protection” specifically designed for the banks and financial institutions to offer protection to their assets and liabilities.
Bankers Blanket Bond comprises of various “insuring clauses” to cover different contingencies in a “tailor made” fashion to suit specific needs. The following are the insuring clauses available.
- Infidelity of Employees – This clause provides coverage for any loss due to misappropriation or embezzlement by dishonesty of the insured’s own employees
- On premises – This clause provides coverage for loss &/or damage to insured’s property due to various perils including fire whilst in the premises where the insured carries on business and other specified places which should clearly be defined while opting for this clause.
- In-transit – This clause provides coverage for loss &/or damage to insured’s property whilst in-transit to and from premises along the defined geographical area.
- Forgery and Alteration – This clause provides coverage for loss caused due to forgery or alteration (Expression forgery means the forging or fraudulent alteration of any document or the uttering of any forged or fraudulently altered document by the employee(s) whereby one obtains possession of monies or goods.)
- Securities – This clause covers securities of the insured (Stock, certificates, bonds, and other governmental guaranteed authority stocks etc) whilst in insured premises or others due to loss &/or damage resulting from named calamities.
- Counterfeit Currency – This clause provides coverage for loss resulting in the acceptance of counterfeit currency by the teller or other charged employee of the insured provided normal and standard procedures and precautions are fully exercised.
- Office and Contents – This clause provides coverage for loss &/or damage caused by fire and other perils to the office and contents of the insured’s premised which should specifically named whilst opting for this coverage.
- Other insuring Clauses: Separate sub -limits within the overall limit could be considered for other extensions like, “Automated Teller Machines”, “Safe Deposit Vaults”, “Professional Indemnity” and “Computer Crimes”
There are a number of exceptions and exclusions, which are part of the policy terms and conditions. Our Technical Staff will be always ready to assist our customers for any query on the Policy Conditions.
The rate chargeable is based on the “sub-limits” and the “Overall Limit” of the Policy and is dependent to the scope and extent of cover opted for, security measures, housekeeping, past record etc., amongst others. The Policy is also subject to a deductible under each insuring clause. Quotation will be offered on submission of a duly completed proposal form to the company. For further details please call us on our telephone or ask for a call back.
There are a number of exceptions and exclusions, which are part of the policy terms and conditions. Our Technical Staff will be always ready to assist our customers for any query on the Policy Conditions, click here.